Monday, June 15, 2009

I like to create projects but sometimes they get way 'out of the box'. I need you to help me by reading my instructions and letting me know if they are clear or if there is too much room for students to misunderstand.

7 comments:

  1. I am the same way. We can edit each others stuff. Econ is not my specialty, so Iif I can understand the instructions, the kids can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a blog before so I don't know about the documents. Let me know if you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can Curriculum-Framing Questions can help keep us focused and moving in the right direction. My CFQs are:
    Essential Question:
    Do we need businesses to provide goods and services for us?

    Unit Questions:
    What kind of business would you like to start?

    Content Questions (these are from my teks... I plan to make a rubric/checklist for these):
    What are the rights and responsibilities of businesses in the US (2,a)? What are ethical questions that govern your business (2,c)? What are the ordinances and regulations that apply to the establishment of your business (2,d)? What kind of restrictions does the government place on your business (3,b)? How does the individual freedom of consumers affect responsive prices and variety of goods (4,a,b)? What are the characteristics with advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships and partnerships (9,a,b,c)? Identify the types of taxes that apply to your business (17,a)? Discuss the impact of business cycles on your business (19,c). Discuss the contributions of entrepreneurs past and present (19,d). *Create a product using critical methods of inquiry (23,c). *Use a problem-solving process to identify a problem, gather information, list and consider options, consider advantages and disadvantages, predict consequences and choose and implement a solution (25,a,b).

    How can I plan ongoing student-centered assessment?
    Prior- Graphic Organizers KWL Think-Pair-Share
    During- Progress Checklists and Reports Observation of Groups, Informal Questioning Project Plans Peer Feedback, Quizzes
    After- Tests Report Multimedia Conferences

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can technology be used most effectively
    to support and assess student learning?

    Students like to get on the computer. They like Facebook and Myspace. A blog or a wiki is another way that they can communicate by using words, pictures and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is the time stamp on this thing 2 hours off? Are we on pacific time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. create an entry that reflects on self-directed learners and the role of differentiation

    Students need to be able to adapt a project to their capabilities... sometimes a project can be overwhelming and students get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete